The D’Entrecasteaux and Huon Collaboration (DHC) is an innovative, collaborative partnership between industry, government and natural resource managers in south-eastern Tasmania. The aim of the partnership is to provide a framework to improve the condition of the D’Entrecasteaux Channel and Huon Estuary.
DHC partners are committed to;
- maintaining a healthy waterway that is valued,
- responding to the sensitivities of the waterway,
- working collaboratively with other waterway stakeholders.
We produce regular report cards on the condition of the D’Entrecasteaux and Huon waterways. We also manage litter and marine debris projects, stormwater issues, threatened species protection and work on projects to improve the condition of coastal, marine and estuarine environments.
The Collaboration is dependent on;
- Funding partners, who ensure the Collaboration is staffed and managed,
- Project and knowledge partners, who enable activities through people, knowledge, materials or funding,
- Communities caring about the waterway, peers, mentors, guides and staff teams.