The Collaboration is a locally initiated partnership of stakeholders who use and care about the D’Entrecasteaux and lower Huon estuary. By being part of the Collaboration, partners are saying:
- we value and rely on having a healthy waterway
- we understand the waterway is a sensitive environment
- we are committed to responding to the sensitivities of the waterway
- we want to work with other waterway stakeholders to maintain a healthy waterway.
The Collaboration is dependent on
- Funding partners, who ensure the Collaboration is staffed and managed: Derwent Estuary Program, Huon Aquaculture, Huon Valley Council, Kingborough Council, NRM South, Tassal, and TasWater;
- Project and knowledge partners, who enable activities through people, knowledge, materials or funding
- Communities caring about the waterway. These people are inspiration, peers, mentors, guides and staff teams.